Tuesday, 9 February 2016

Round in Circles

   The past week has felt a bit all over the place, both in labs and real life. The start of the week saw me move flat and running a number of odd jobs as a result, I’m sure you can imagine without elaborating too deeply. So after lugging my bags up the road and buying the bits and bobs I was needing for the new digs it’s was late Tuesday afternoon before I managed to get back into Bede. That’s obviously had an impact on what I’ve been able to get done this week and in all honestly I don’t think I quite managed to return the week to feeling normal following Monday and Tuesday’s absence in labs.


   The biggest problem I felt is the notion of going round in circles which at the end of the week there doesn’t look to be much progress from its beginning. In actuality there’s been a lot of designing, blocking out, redesigning, tweaking models, unwrapping, into unreal, etc. You get the idea. However I can’t quite shake the feeling that I’ve just got myself all wound up into a quagmire. It’s still a phase where there’s a lot of input before I’ll start seeing real, tangible results.


   That belief of getting nowhere with the project has put a bit of a downer on the week which ain’t great, it doesn’t help that I wanted to be further ahead with this but the feedback I’m getting from Mike and others is that the slog I’m in at the moment isn’t something I should be worrying about, nor is it entirely out of the ordinary. Definitely talking to Ben over the weekend has helped to settle my mind a little with it and he’s pointed me in the directional of an incredibly useful Unreal level which you’ll be reading about more next week that’s helped to put a lot of things in my mind into perspective.


   After my weekend discussion its put me in a much more focused and positive outlook for next week and fortunately not stuck feeling like there’s been no progress. But God, I don’t get too emotional or gushy on here but it’s like being stuck to a yoyo constantly been thrown up, down, round and round with this project. I’m running empty on professional detachment.

No comments:

Post a Comment