Our final hand in for the year was a little over a week ago now and as you'll have probably noticed I haven't paid the blog too much attention during crunch but with the academic year over I can begin to get the wheels of blogging turning once more. In the coming weeks I'll be looking into a handful of projects from the past term, there's the group project which will be a big one, the character project and pretty much all of visual design for the year. I'll also do my best to keep you up to date with what I'm working on currently which I haven't been too great with in the past.
Over this week since hand-in I've planned out what I've been wanting to do before leaving for summer and then onto Germany in August. With the time we have now I really want to move into areas I haven't explored up until now, be that new software or specializations and rather than moving in the lateral direction I feel I've been going throughout the year I can stretch out and expanded horizontally. Below are the projects I'm looking to finish for the end of the semester:
- A user interface (UI) project.
I've already started this project and my goal is to create a Heads Up Display, or HUD, for the concept below and a subsequent model . You can see my early explorations I've completed this week and I'll be taking the three in green forward over next week. UI isn't something we've really explored as part of the course so I'm really excited about this one. Through this project I'll hopefully get my head around After Affects, Flash and perhaps Illustrator as well.
- Maya project
Last week I bought a few industry magazines as an end of year treat and in one of them there was a great tutorial for high poly vehicle renders which used Maya. Over the last few months I've been wanting to do both a project in Maya and a high poly vehicle so this looked like the perfect opportunity to knock two birds with one stone.
- Continuation of the Group project
I'll go into this one more when I review my personal contribution next week but there are a few areas the group and myself want to improve on before we submit for the competition.
Alongside this I'll be updating here as I've said before but I'll also be continuing to paint digitally and continue to improve and with the large artistic communities I've been joining over the past months I'll be able to find critique from a wide variety of artists. To finish off there's also the book that Chris has been talking about for weeks now documenting our second year and I hope to print two off, one for himself and the course and the other for me.
I'll end it there, keep this one short and snappy, I'll have the post about the group project up next weekish time, so 'til then.

No comments:
Post a Comment