Welcome to my blog here you'll find work from my course, Game Art Design, including assignments, project breakdowns and critical reflections as well as more personal entries.
Sunday, 23 June 2013
3rd Year Final Major Projects
I had intended to knock this one out earlier but due to being away from Tuesday through to Saturday and packing for leaving I've not had a moment to sit down and write this one as quick as I had liked but here I am getting round to it. So on Monday when I went in to collect my Sketchbooks from Chris I also popped my head into the degree show for a couple of hours and I have to say it's truly inspiring. As a first year it motivates me to better myself even more, seeing where some people have got to from the position I find myself in now, it's hard to describe, but it puts the learning curve of the course into perspective and makes industry just that more tangible.
While I've seen a few of the projects being worked on every now I didn't follow them closely, something I should amend next year, so the majority of the finals produced were new to me. I enjoyed the variety not only in setting and design but also the varying ranges of dynamism and playability found within them too. It's hard to pick a favourite as such due to the many elements of the different projects I liked but I guess the two that impressed me the most were Mike's and Aymen's for two different reasons. For Mike's the technical aspects were really cool, the weather effects, the day/night cycle and seasons were really impressive in my mind and made the level feel dynamic and I found it to be quite immersive. To contrast this is Aymen's with it's fantastic art style and the fact that it was a playable demo of sorts. A notable mention would be Adam's derelict house which I thought was very eerie.
It would be a lie to say that seeing the third year's work hasn't got me thinking about got me thinking about what I would like to do for my final major. While I do have ideas I would like to pursue I think it would be dangerous to fall into a the pit of settling on a idea to early, which it certainly is now, but I do think a Sci-Fi thing would be cool. Anyway I have all of second year to figure this out and hopefully by next summer I'll have a firmer concept of what I want to do but let's not get too ahead of myself.
Back to packing I suppose, pretty much there just the essentials still out and some stuff in the kitchen but I'll be back in the Blane tomorrow for summer. Still a couple more blogs I want to knock out but there not that exciting and I wouldn't expect them anytime soon so don't hold you're breath.
Till then.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment